With the launch of our new watch in the Akio range we are offering a Free FKM Rubber strap & an Akio Nato strap of your choice.
Simply add your desired selection in your basket & enter promo code 'FREE STRAPS' at checkout to receive the £40 worth of Free straps.
We use the same NH35 as in our 1st gen, a work horse of a movement whose popularity has seen the price increase recently. Our version is marked Sii (visible through the exhibition caseback)and this means that the watch movement was built in Seikos' factory in Japan so this one being a JDM model (Japanese domestic model).
An aggressive styling on the watch dial, sharp edges (teeth like) on the 6,9, & 12 are all applied as is the circular markers.
The mix of pointed & circular markers as well as the lollipop second hand give the dial we feel a balanced aesthetic, whilst also taking elements of design from well known models whilst not being a direct homage.
It is with balance in mind that we opted for an aluminium Pepsi bezel, sure aluminium will pick up scratches more than ceramic however the matte colour tone of the bezel we feel, gives the watch a much more vintage vibe & thus a good trade of. Besides a tool watch wouldn't be a tool watch without some scratches along the way.
The watch uses both C3 & BGW9 swiss luminova making this bad boy pop in dim conditions.
Lastly, the jubilee bracelet has all solid end links & has a re-assuring heft to it. Jubilees' wear great when worn a bit loose as opposed to being snug, the watch will wear slightly better & the jangle of the bracelet is quite charming with this watch.
Here is a brief run down of specifications & sizing:
- Sapphire Crystal
- Case width: 41.5mm / Thickness 13mm / Lug to lug: 44mm
- Bezel: 38.5mm / Lug width: 20mm / Weight: 140 grammes
- 120 click bezel / Date window with cyclops
- Seiko Caliber NH35 (Sii made in Japan movement)
- Vibrations: 21,600 bph / Power reserve: 41 hours
- Hacking & Hand Winding: Yes
- Accuracy: Seiko advise -20 to +40 seconds a day (but these are in fact quite exagerrated to allow tolerance with models varying alot less & with fine adjustments this can run within 1 second a day).